How to Make Homes More Accessible for the Elderly [Video]
Dan Bawden had the pleasure of being a guest-host on Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford, lending his expertise to show homeowners how to make their homes more accessible.
Watch this video to find out how to make an existing house more easily accessible for the elderly or those with disabilities by:
- Widening doorways and lowering thresholds for wheelchair access.
- Installing swing away hinges on doors to increase access.
- Building a wheelchair ramp to provide easy access.
- Installing grab bars and easy to operate bathroom plumbing fixtures.
- Adding a shower seat and easy to use shower spray attachment.
- Installing a higher toilet with room for a wheelchair next to it.