If you’re tired of fighting for a spot for your laptop on the kitchen table, or your back aches from working on the floor again, it’s time to stop the madness! You need a proper workspace to perform your best, and Legal Eagle Contractors of Houston is the ideal remodeler and builder to craft it for you.
We can design and build for you a custom home office addition from the ground up, or remodel an existing area of your house where you can put in a full day’s work in style, comfort, and quiet. Even after the pandemic is gone, you’ll find you won’t want to go “back to the office” and leave your elegant new space.
Why Choose Legal Eagle Contractors?
Choosing a Houston builder can be a tortuous task. But we believe you can’t go wrong with a company that has more than three decades of construction work under its belt, ample liability insurance, and a stellar Better Business Bureau rating. For more company traits you should consider, consult our guide to picking a good remodeler.
Our founder, Dan Bawden, is a nationally recognized homebuilding expert and former Chairman of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Remodelers division. He has won numerous industry awards and is a leading advocate for aging-in-place and universal design practices. He and the rest of the Legal Eagle team live and work in Houston and are proud to do their part making the city a beautiful place to live.
Our Home Office Portfolio
Adding an Office
Building out a home office addition is the best way to obtain a workspace tailor-made to your specifications. Some of our clients know precisely what they want down to the doorknobs, while others need guidance, which we are happy to provide. Some considerations to take into account in planning an office addition include:
- Would you like to be able to host clients or customers in your home office?
- What type of internet do you have (cable, DSL)? Are you likely to switch to another type (such as fiber optic) in the coming months or years?
- Do you want to have hardwired connections or do you prefer wireless?
- Do you want to be able to use the office for other purposes, such as working out?
- Are you going to be buying new furniture to furnish the office, or incorporating items you already own?
- Do you want to soundproof the office?
- How much electronic equipment do you need to plug in?
As with all our home addition projects, we handle all necessary permitting and carry extensive liability insurance.
Home Office Conversion
For the budget-minded, “adding an office” means converting an existing room or space in your house for work purposes. Typically, these are smaller jobs that still allow the homeowner to use the room for its intended purpose–such as eating in a dining room–while adding the ability to get work done. (For a complete room transformation into an office, see the section on remodeling below.)
Virtually any room can be modified to support work-from-home activities, even spaces you might not ordinarily think of for office potential, such as a laundry room or closet. Making the most of these smaller areas requires clever design work and organization of the kind Legal Eagle Contractors prides itself on. Lighting, paint, and storage are crucial considerations for jobs like these to keep the atmosphere as airy as possible, not claustrophobic.
Home Office Remodeling
If adding more square footage to your home seems too daunting, but you still want a dedicated workspace, a home office remodel may be the perfect compromise. We take a bedroom, dining room, garage, or other space and transform it into the envy of remote workers everywhere.
Our work on a remodel might include:
- Installing custom cabinetry
- Installing new lighting
- Running wiring for phone/DSL, computer, fax, and other electronics and adding outlets
- Mounting a TV or projector
- Recarpeting or replacing carpet with hardwood flooring
- Plumbing in a private bathroom
- Adding or repositioning windows
- Ornate touches such as a two-story home library with custom built-in bookshelves
Get Started Today!