Reasons to Remodel… or Not
Are you thinking about remodeling your home? There are good reasons, and bad reasons to make this important choice. The following list will review some of these.
- As an investment in the quality of your life; updating for your enjoyment.
- Come home to something you created, making your home yours , reflecting your unique personality and good taste.
- Pamper yourself.
- Cocoon with your mate(s).
- To make money.
- As an investment.
You CAN make a profit on kitchen and bath facelifts, but at $130 to $200 per foot for room additions, these are best done knowing that it is an investment in bettering your lifestyle, not to make a buck. The same goes for most other high end remodeling projects. Do it for you, and you’ll reap benefits that you couldn’t have imagined.
Remodel or Build New?
More and more families are deciding to remodel their existing home, despite the fact that this can cost $150 per square foot, which is about the same as your average new construction cost. Why? The answer lies in the old realtor credo, “Location, location, location”. Despite what you hear on T.V., many people love their neighborhood community. They know their neighbors, are close to their church or synagogue, know their way around the local grocery store, like the schools, know the territory, and have put down deep roots in their community.
With the help of a good Remodeler, you can get the new home features people clamor for:
- Updated kitchens and bathrooms
- More living space
- Higher ceilings
- More storage and closet space
- An “open feel” between the kitchen and living room or den
- Glass block
- Updated moldings
- Fresh paint and flooring, etc.